Friday, April 13, 2012

Lucky Seven

I wasn't tagged by anyone, but I thought I would do this anyway.

Here are the rules:
Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
Go to line 7
Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are–no cheating
Tag 7 other authors (Since I wasn't tagged, I am not going to do this. Besides, I think everyone has done it by now.)

Well, here you go:

What am I doing at her lunch table?
“No, actually, I don’t think we’ve ever met,” I say. “Hi, I’m Claire.”
“Hey,” she says, nonchalantly. Then she turns back to the redheaded girl sitting next to her.
Well, okay then. So much for that.
I eat my lunch as quickly as I can, then excuse myself from the table, with some lame explanation about needing to stop at my locker before my next class. No one notices as I push away from the table, not even Gretchen.

* * *
One other thing. I've recently read two books in a row where the main character's best friend is named Julia. I have always wanted to name MY main character's best friend Julia, after my best friend from high school. (Her name is not actually Julia, but I remember her telling me once that she really liked that name.) Just something I noticed and that made me think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment