Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New blog

I decided to start a writing blog.

I've had blogs before, but with this one I plan to focus mostly on my writing journey. I am attempting to write my first YA novel so I thought this would be a good way to meet people, learn new things, and just get involved more online. I'd also love to find a writing group to join or some critique partners if anyone is interested.

My last blog is still around... I used to recap the Sleepover Friends books that I loved reading when I was younger. I even made some of the recipes from the books! It was fun, but I haven't updated in quite awhile.

A little about me... I've been a copywriter for the past 11 1/2 years. I won't be talking about my job, ever. For many reasons, none of which I will go into.

I also write for my hometown's local newspaper. I write about one story every other month or so, and I love it. I have a story in today's paper about the dance show at my old high school. I saw some of it during rehearsal when I was there interviewing the cast, and it was amazing. I can't wait to see it on Friday night.

I am also a licensed speech language pathology assistant, and I will be picking up my first few clients soon. In my free time I watch too much tv and read lots of books. I also enjoy tap dancing, Zumba, traveling (I try to go somewhere new every year), shopping and playing badminton. I own way too much shower gel from Bath & Body Works, I think sea otters are adorable, and I can never turn down a marathon of Criminal Minds on A&E.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zanne, I just came over from Jessica's blog...I am on a desperate hunt for CPs! I write contemporary YA - you can find all of that info or whatever on my blog, and also my email if you want to get in touch (I hope you do!). Have a great day/night/tomorrow/what time is it?! (This is why you shouldn't be on the internet in the middle of the night!) haha :)

    ReplyDelete