Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday: May I tell you something about writing?


I am a procrastinator. I'll admit I'm lazy. And I have four jobs. This is not a good combination. This is also why I never get any writing done.

But it's time to stop making excuses. This novel isn't going to write itself.

I set a deadline to be done with my first draft by my birthday. That was two weeks ago. Obviously that didn't happen.

So I've set a new deadline: Father's Day. It will be my gift to my dad. Don't worry, I also plan to take him out to breakfast. But finishing my novel would be the best Father's Day gift I could give my dad. He wants it almost as much as I do. Besides, he doesn't like actual gifts anyway.

There's really no reason why I can't finish by Father's Day. I have time. I believe in this story. I have the added motivation of it being a gift. And of course, since I've posted it on my blog, it's official now.

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely official, and we'll all hold you to your goal now! You know what? I think I'm going to set the same goal: I want to finish my rewrite by Father's Day. There. Now we'll have some solidarity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad we're in this together. :)

      Delete
  2. Great goal! I like Father's Day, too. I'll join in this party.

    ReplyDelete