Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May I tell you something about myself?

I received an award from my awesome writer friend Kelsey! Thank you Kelsey!

As a recipient of this award, I am supposed to tell you 10 things about myself. This works out perfectly, since today's theme for Blog Me MAYbe is May I tell you something about myself?

I'm going to steal Kelsey's idea and try to make these all about writing.

1. I like the idea of going to Panera/Starbucks/etc to get some writing done, but I just always end up staying home.

2. However, I REALLY want to get a group of writer friends together and do a writing retreat! Who wants to join me??

3. I got an awesome new laptop back around Christmas, but it doesn't have Word on it. Right now I'm using Microsoft Office Starter, which kind of sucks. Should I get Word? Or Scrivener? Help me!

4. I've found that I've been listening to a lot of country music while working on my WIP.

5. My grandma wrote a book and got it published.

6. I currently have 5 books in mind that I want to write: my WIP, 2 companion novels, a chick lit book and a middle grade book with a coworker. Dream big, right?! haha. I think I should try to finish ONE first.

7. If I could have any job in the world, besides being a highly successful published author of course, I would be an actress. Just kidding (kind of). Realistically, I'd be a French teacher.

8. I am running out of things to say.

9. I really want one of my books made into a tv movie. And I'd like to make a cameo in it. Again, dream big!

10. Back when I took that writing class last year, one of our in class assignments was to write a scene that involved a confrontation. I wrote about the falling out I had with my three (former) best friends. The class loved it, but they thought it was FUNNY. Seriously, the hardest thing that I've ever been through (we still aren't friends...) and my classmates found it hilarious and said I should submit it for short story contests. Even now, after all these years, I still can't look back at it and laugh. But it's probably because I actually went through it.


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Zanne! It was fun learning more about you, and you're lucky to have all those story ideas on the back-burner. They'll keep, and you'll get to them! :)

    ReplyDelete