Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Bucket List, in Honor of the Release of SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY

In honor of the release of SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY, author Julie Murphy has asked us to post about our bucket lists. Here's mine!

side effects
 
1. Swim with dolphins. This has been my dream for as long as I can remember.
Swim with dolphins
 
2. Travel the world. There are A LOT of places I want to visit! A few places at the top of my list are: Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Iceland and Dubai. But really, it's easier to list the places I don't want to visit. I pretty much want to go everywhere!
 
What destination is on your bucket list? Let's see what Tripping can do:
 
3. Hold a koala. They are just so adorable!
Bucket list
 
4. Get a book published. Obviously.
 
5. Have my book made into a movie. (Actually, my ultimate dream is to have my book made into a tv movie for ABC Family.)
 
6. Visit all 50 states. I have been to 25 so far. I also really want to visit the 4 corners!
 
 
7. Visit all 7 continents. I have been to 3 so far. I REALLY want to go to Antarctica, despite how much I hate the cold and snow! And I really want to see penguins!
 
8. Be fluent in French. This has been one of my goals in life since high school.
 
9. Fall in love and get married. I'd be lying if I didn't put this on my list.
 
supreme bucket list
 
10. See the Northern Lights.
 
And now for a few things I have accomplished!
 
1. Get a tattoo. I have two: a star and a dolphin.
 
2. Go on a road trip. I have been on several!
 
3. Be an extra in a movie. The movie was never finished but it was still a fun experience!
 
4. See the Eiffel Tower. Amazing. However, I need to go back so I can see it sparkle at night. I went in the fall of 1999, before they started doing that.
 
5. Go to Egypt. I went in 2007 and it was incredible. I got to see the pyramids and ride a camel.
 
 
6. Go to Europe. I studied abroad in college and got to travel all over Europe.
 
Now, about the book. I'm so excited to read it!
 
Side Effects May Vary
 
From Goodreads:
 
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.
 
About Julie:
 
Julie lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she's not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library. Side Effects May Vary is Julie's debut novel. Julie can best be found on her website (www.juliemurphywrites.com), tumblr (www.andimjulie.tumblr.com), or twitter (www.twitter.com/andimjulie).
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment