Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1


Today is May 1, the beginning of my birthday month, AND the first day of Blog Me MAYbe! I read about it on a few blogs and decided to try it out. I would really like to be more consistent about blogging, and I'd love to meet some new people. So what is Blog Me MAYbe? Well, here you go:

The brainchild of writer/blogger/all-around-awesome-person Sara McClung, Blog Me MAYbe is a weekly blog format for the month of May, an easy schedule to follow with topics built right in. Of course, if posting every day sounds like too much, or if you miss a few days, or only do a couple posts a week, no biggie. Blog Me MAYbe is all about ease and fun! You don’t have to worry about following every blogger who participates or commenting on everyone’s daily posts (though if you want to do that, feel free!). The intent of Blog Me MAYbe isn’t to gain followers — although that could very well happen – but to branch out, make a few new friends, share information, and get into the head space where ideas for blog posts flow freely.
And here’s the schedule:
  • Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
    • This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!
  • Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
    • Pretty self-explanatory… Share something about yourself that your followers might not know. Or, maybe they do. It doesn’t matter–this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better. 
  • Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
    • Ask your followers something about themselves.
  • Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
    • Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who’s fascinating. A character from a book. Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative, but let the spotlight shine on someone else!
  • Fridays: May I share something funny?
    • Fridays = The start of the weekend… BOOYA! A reason to celebrate and laugh on its own — plus, who doesn’t want to see something amusing after a long week?
So, here is my first attempt!
I decided to steal this fun music survey from Katy. Thank you Katy! :)

1. What are your three favorite songs right now? Payphone by Maroon 5, Mr. Know It All by Kelly Clarkson, and Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye (although I also love the Glee version!)


2. What is the most played song on your iTunes? I have no idea, but if I had to guess, I am pretty sure it's a Taylor Swift song.

3. What song are you listening to right now? Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not? by Thompson Square

4. What was the last album you bought? Lady Antebellum's Own the Night

5. What was the last concert you went to? It's been awhile. I used to go to concerts and shows all the time, but I'm too broke now.

6. What was the first album you ever bought? The first cd I ever bought was Bryan Adams' Waking Up the Neighbours. I don't remember what my first cassette was. Probably New Kids on the Block or Debbie Gibson.

7. What was the last single you downloaded? Tony Lucca's Baby One More Time from the Voice, obviously. ;) Have I mentioned how much I love that song? Oh, just a few times.

8. Favorite artist or band? Michelle Branch

9. What’s your favorite musical genre? Probably country.

10. Quote one of your favorite lyrics: "I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you" - Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

4 comments:

  1. So glad to know another country girl! I love the Rascal Flatts lyrics you posted; I was just listening to that song the other day and thinking about how profound its message is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first album was Madonna's True Blue, but Bryan Adams was my first concert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I never got to go to a Bryan Adams concert, but I always wanted to!

      Delete