Sunday, April 28, 2013

Birthday Wish List

My birthday is coming up soon! I have a love/hate relationship with my birthday. I love that it's the one day of the year that you get to be the center of attention and everyone has to be nice to you. I hate getting older. I know age is just a number, but I'm not where I hoped I'd be at this point in my life. So, to try to cheer myself up, I decided to make a wish list.

1. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite e-reader
I have a Nook, but it's 3+ years old and it's so big and bulky. Plus, I like how this Kindle has a light, and it tells you how much longer until you're done with the chapter you're reading.

2. Books for the Kindle. Of course!

Product ImageProduct ImageProduct Image

3. Tony Lucca's Canyon Songs

Canyon Songs (Bonus Edition)

I went to one of Tony's shows earlier this month and he played this song "Around the Bend" that I absolutely loved. I have at least 7 of Tony's cds but somehow I missed this one. I usually don't listen to music when I'm writing, but as I was listening to Tony sing, I was struck by his beautiful lyrics. He is a really talented songwriter. I think I may need to listen to some of his music next time I write.

4. Star bracelet 
Nadri Symbol Station Bracelet | Nordstrom

I just love this bracelet!

5. Ticket to see The Book of Mormon


Well, I actually bought myself a ticket to see The Book of Mormon. I have tap the night of my birthday, so I couldn't go that night, but I'm going a couple days later. My mom said it's "sad" that I'm going by myself. Well, my friends either have already seen it, aren't interested, or can't afford it. So it was either go by myself or miss out on seeing the musical. I chose to see it! I'm not going to miss out on seeing this amazing musical just because I couldn't find someone to go with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment